In the following free barber video tutorial you will learn how to blend and style a low fade. This traditional version has a longer top with a close low fade. The fade is dropped lower in the back to balance out the longer top to allow more length for the problem cowlick or crown area that stands up easily if cut too short.
Instructional Step Guide:
Cut the top first. Over direct the front back to the middle of the ear in order to leave it longer.
Remove the bulk in the parietal area and just above the occipital area in the back. You can use either the clipper over comb or scissor over comb technique.
Fade with a detachable blade clipper or an adjustable clipper with attachment combs. Use a slow fading motion and blend into the previous cut for a smoother blend.
Create a tapered outline to make the fade stand out. Use an adjustable clipper in the longest blade setting with a scooping motion around the outline of the haircut to fade out.
Repeat the previous step with lever adjusted halfway and then to the shortest setting scooping the clipper a little bit lower each time to finish the taper.
Use a trimmer to line off the sideburns and the diagonal line behind the ears without cutting into the natural hairline. On the back of the neck use an upward shaving motion without getting too close to the tapered or faded hairline.
When the cut is complete style the hair. Blow dry the hair thoroughly with a vent brush by drying the hair forward, then to the side, and then up and back in the front. This will add volume and create the desired shape.
Apply the Zorian Of New York Shaping Paste to create a matte finish. Start by taking a full fingertip amount of product out of the jar and completely emulsifying into the palms of your hands. Our paste will not clump and spreads very easily like a cream but has a very strong hold that will keep the style all day. Apply to the hair by pushing forward on the top layer first, then to the side, and finally, apply from the front to the back down to the roots.
Use a wide tooth comb to get through the thick matte paste and comb into the desired style.
For more information on becoming a premium retailer of our Zorian of New York Products visit our product website and fill out the wholesale form. Someone will call you to consult you on an opening order and answer all of your questions.
In the following video tutorial learn the features and benefits of selecting hair cream or matte pomade for short men’s hairstyle. This particular haircut is one of the most popular right now. It is a medium length fade with a short textured top easily styled with your fingers.
The product you select comes down to personal preference:
Our Zorian of New York grooming cream is a thick hair cream that provides a medium hold with a medium shine. It does not harden up and you can run you hands through your hair during the day and re-shape the style. It is water soluble which means it rinses out with ease without any left over residue. It is also infused with lavender oil and coconut oil which add moisture and contain essential vitamins for healthier hair.
Our Zorian of New York shaping paste is a matte pomade which is ideal for molding hair into any style. It has a firm hold without hardening up and leaves the hair with a matte or dry finish. Shaping paste is infused with Vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant and Rosemary which gives the hair a thicker and fuller look. It is also water soluble and even with the strong hold it provides it rinses out easily without any leftover residue.
For this particular hair cut we selected the shaping paste. It gives the model a strong, long lasting hold with a matte finish which is exactly what he is looking for. As stated previously both products work excellent for this hairstyle. It will come down to your consultation with the client and their personal preference.
If you are interested in finding out more information about our Zorian of New York products or would like to be a premium retailer please visit our website and fill out the wholesale form and you will be contacted shortly.
The classic men’s business cut will never go out of style. It is a side part hairstyle with enough hair to comb to the side on top and to comb back on the sides. Learn how to cut this hairstyle by combining many different barbering techniques including, scissor over comb, clipper over comb, straight razor over comb, and straight razor sculpting.
Step by step instructions:
1. Start on the top and create square layers using the barber shear over fingers technique.
2. Next, cut the sides and back with the barber shear over finger technique.
3. As you move to the lower portion of the sides and back use the barber shear over comb technique.
4. Cut the semi-finish area by using the clipper over comb technique to taper the hairline.
5. Finish up the outline using an outliner with a t-blade to create a clean line on the side burn area and the back of the neck behind the ears. Use an upward shaving motion to clean up the neck.
6. Add texture to the hair by first using a thinning shear over comb technique followed by the straight razor sculpting technique. This will help the haircut to hold it’s shape while growing out.
7. Style the hair with Zorian of New York grooming cream. Apply through the hair and use a vent brush to style. This will create a soft manageable hold that will last all day.
The Ivy League haircut for children is a great hairstyle for those kids who have a circular growth pattern around their head with the hair in the crown always wanting to stand up. The idea is that we clipper the crown area to the same length as the sides and back and blend into the top and front. Especially with a circular growth pattern the hair lays down nicely and combs to the side easily. This style will grow out evenly and is easy for the child or parents to brush in the morning.
The following video tutorial demonstrates how to cut and style this very popular haircut for young boys.
1. Cut over the crown with a number 3 clipper guard or blade.
2. Fade up to the top with the number 3 clipper guard or blade.
3. Finish the sides and the back with a number 2 clipper guard or blade.
4. Outline the haircut by tapering with an adjustable haircut and finish with an outliner.
5. Blend the top with the clipper over comb technique leaving the hair longer towards the front.
6. Use the scissor over comb technique to touch up the front leaving it long enough to comb to the side and flip up in the front if desired.
7. Style with Zorian Of New York grooming cream for a medium hold and medium shine that will last all day. The grooming cream is infused with all natural ingredients of coconut oil and lavender oil to keep the hair and scalp moisturized with a healthy shine. The product will rinse out with ease without any leftover residue.
Visit www.ZorianOfNewYork.com for more information on becoming one of our retailers and to find out what type of support we offer.
Learn how to style a Faux Hawk with gel and hair cream for a workable finish that can be reshaped without losing it’s hold through out the day. Start by applying a drop Zorian Of New York firm hold gel. Our specialty blend firm hold gel is alcohol free and contains aloe vera to keep your skin and hair moisturized while avoiding flaking. Blow dry the hair forward, to the center, and then up in front. This will create more volume for fine straight hair while molding into place.
Finish the style by applying our Zorian Of New York Grooming Cream. Start by taking a full fingertip amount of product out of the jar and completely emulsifying into the palms of your hands. Apply to the hair by pushing forward on the top layer, then to the center, and finally from the front to the back down to the roots. Finish by pushing the hair back down with your hands and up in the front while creating texture with your fingertips. The grooming cream is an excellent choice for the professional looking for a product that will not harden up, will give the necessary hold, and rinse out with ease. Our grooming cream will give the hair a medium shine and hold that will keep the style all day. It is infused with coconut and lavender oils which moisturize the hair and scalp and also contain essential vitamins to help to keep your hair healthy and strong.
To purchase Zorian of New York products or become one of our retail partners visit: www.zorianofnewyork.com to place your order or fill out our wholesale request form and someone will contact you right away.