In this video tutorial learn how to style a slicked back hair cut with pomade. This many times is the missing step for most men when styling their hair. To get that just out of the barbershop or salon look the hair needs to be styled correctly and the proper amount of the best type of product used. As a barber for almost 3 decades now I hear many times after finishing with a client the phrase “I will never get my hair to look like this.” My response if you follow my styling instructions it will look the same every time. Just takes a little effort.
How To Style a Slicked Back Hair Cut with Pomade:
1. Towel dry the hair thoroughly to remove the excess water.
2. Use a blow dryer. The brush and the blow dryer must move together to be effective. Using a nozzle will direct the heat for best results.
3. Dry the hair straight back on the top and sides and to the center in the back. Roll the brush on top to get a little bit of lift. The hair will naturally flatten out when applying the product so this will help the to avoid the final style looking to flat.
4. Apply the pomade. In this case we are using our Zorian of New York water soluble pomade. It is important that the hair is completely dry so it will not dilute the product at all and lessen the hold.
5. Use an ample amount of product and apply first with your fingertips on the top and sides to get the hair down to the scalp. Then take the palms of your hands and press down on the sides so it doesn’t look to puffy.
6. Use a comb first to comb the product through the hair. Next, use a vent brush to loosen up the hair but keep the slicked look. The wider the teeth the more it will separate the hair which is a personal preference.
Matte Pomade is a styling product that gives a firm hold with a dry looking finish. This is the opposite of what you would get with a classic pomade, grease pomade, hair cream, or any type of gel. Typically matte pomade products otherwise know as matte paste products are excellent for a variety of short men’s and women’s hairstyles. Currently these types of products have become popular with longer men’s styles as well.
Our Zorian of New York Shaping Paste fits into the category of Matte Pomade’s. Our paste gives the hair maximum hold without the crunchy feeling of a gel or classic pomade with a dry or no shine finish.
1. Water Soluble
2. Creamy Texture
3. Strong Hold
4. Infused with Vitamin E and Rosemary
5. Light, clean, and refreshing signature fragrance
6. Never tested on animals
8. Bio-Degradable packaging
9. Made in the U.S.A.
1. Rinses out with ease without any leftover greasy residue
2. Spreads in your hands and hair easily without any clumps
3. Great compliment to just about any hairstyle
4. Moisturizes the hair and scalp alone with helping to promote healthy hair
5. Fragrance is not overpowering and will clash with cologne’s, perfume’s, body spray’s, or deoderant’s
If you would like to become an exclusive retailer of our Zorian of New York products fill out our wholesale form at: http://www.zorianofnewyork.com/wholesale/ or contact Greg@ZorianOfNewYork.com
Join us for a Complimentary Barbering Demonstration, sponsored by Zorian of New York and HowToCutHair.tv on September 11th, 2016 at Gregory’s Barbershop in Clifton Park, NY. There will be live men’s cutting, product demonstrations, and DVD and product raffle prizes. There will also be the opportunity to network with other licensed hair professionals looking to increase their skills and profitability through the exploding men’s segment of the hair industry.
The event will be filmed live for the HowToCutHair.tv. At this event you will learn how to cut and style modern men’s hairstyles using techniques including scissor over comb, clipper over comb, fading, texturizing, razor cutting and much more.
This event will have 2 sessions to choose from. The first session will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the second session will be held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Questions? Call (518)629-5394. Registration is limited to one session per person. We look forward to seeing you there.