In this video tutorial learn how to style a slicked back hair cut with pomade. This many times is the missing step for most men when styling their hair. To get that just out of the barbershop or salon look the hair needs to be styled correctly and the proper amount of the best type of product used. As a barber for almost 3 decades now I hear many times after finishing with a client the phrase “I will never get my hair to look like this.” My response if you follow my styling instructions it will look the same every time. Just takes a little effort.
How To Style a Slicked Back Hair Cut with Pomade:
1. Towel dry the hair thoroughly to remove the excess water.
2. Use a blow dryer. The brush and the blow dryer must move together to be effective. Using a nozzle will direct the heat for best results.
3. Dry the hair straight back on the top and sides and to the center in the back. Roll the brush on top to get a little bit of lift. The hair will naturally flatten out when applying the product so this will help the to avoid the final style looking to flat.
4. Apply the pomade. In this case we are using our Zorian of New York water soluble pomade. It is important that the hair is completely dry so it will not dilute the product at all and lessen the hold.
5. Use an ample amount of product and apply first with your fingertips on the top and sides to get the hair down to the scalp. Then take the palms of your hands and press down on the sides so it doesn’t look to puffy.
6. Use a comb first to comb the product through the hair. Next, use a vent brush to loosen up the hair but keep the slicked look. The wider the teeth the more it will separate the hair which is a personal preference.
It is our pleasure to release this free barber class tutorial to help teach you the basics of barbering. In this video we share with you all of the barbering techniques you need to be a successful barber as well as 3 different popular hairstyles and how to style them. We also introduce you to our line of Zorian of New York premium men’s product line to help you offer the very best in men’s retail to your clients and increase your retail profitability in the process.
In this video you will learn the following barbering techniques: scissor over comb, clipper over comb, fading techniques, blending shear over comb, straight razor over comb, straight razor sculpting, and men’s hair styling techniques. You will also learn the correct body position resulting in the correct posture while you are cutting. This is extremely important for a long pain free career. You will also learn the correct holding of all of the tools that contribute to correct hand dexterity leading ensuring you will always be working in the correct position with the best posture.
All of the above is taught throughout the three haircuts that I demonstrate. The first haircut I demonstrate is a Princeton style haircut. This is a buzz cut with just a little hair in front to brush to the side or flip up in the front. The next haircut is a classic side part or modified pompadour with the part shave in with a straight razor. The final cut is a pompadour with faded sides. All of the haircuts are finished with styling techniques instruction using Zorian of New York premium grooming products. All of our products are made in the U.S.A., never tested on animals, are sulfate and paraben free, and infused with all natural ingredients.
If you are interested in having me teach this presentation at your barbershop, salon, or school please contact me at email@example.com or (518)629-5394 for booking information.
If you are interested in becoming and exclusive retailer of our Zorian Of New York product line contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518)629-5394. You can also find out more information and fill out our wholesale application at: www.zorianofnewyork.com/wholesale/
In this barber video tutorial learn the combover styled with pomade for a high shine and a strong hold that will look natural and last all day.
Start by applying a drop Zorian Of New York firm hold gel. Our gel is a specialty blend of gel and pomade that is alcohol free and contains aloe vera to keep your skin and hair moisturized while avoiding flaking. Using a hair dryer dry the hair forward, to the side, and then up in front. This will mold the difficult straight hair into place before applying our water soluble pomade.
Next, apply the Zorian Of New York classic pomade for a high shine with a firm hold. The benefits of our pomade is it infused with ginseng which helps to keep your hair healthy. It also infused with jojoba seed extract which moisturizes the hair and scalp and gives it a healthy shine. Use a fingertip portion and emulsify completely in your hands. Push forward, to the side, and then back. Lastly, use a pick to comb through the hair easier.
Comb forward, to the side, and then back lifting the front slightly always following with your opposite hand with product still on it so not only will you have the product applied down to the roots but also over the top.
For more information on becoming an exclusive retailer of Zorian of New York men’s premium grooming products visit www.ZorianOfNewYork.com and fill out our wholesale form. You can also make individual retail purchases with fast shipping. Contact Greg@ZorianOfNewYork.com with any additional questions.
In this video tutorial learn the ivy league haircut styled with matte pomade:
1. Start by applying a drop Zorian Of New York firm hold gel. Our gel is a specialty blend of gel and pomade that is alcohol free and contains aloe vera to keep your skin and hair moisturized while avoiding flaking.
2. Using a hair dryer dry the hair forward, to the side, and then up in front. This will mold the hair into place.
3. Next, the Zorian of New York Shaping paste which is very easy to work with. It emulsifies like a cream without clumping in your hands or your hair and has a very strong hold. The Zorian of New York shaping paste is also infused with the powerful antioxidant vitamin E which helps to keep your hair and scalp healthy. It also contains rosemary which will keep your hair and scalp moisturized. The matte paste is water soluble and will rinse out easily without any leftover residue.
4. Take a full fingertip portion out of the jar and emulsify in your hands. Rub throughout the hair by pushing it forward first, to the side, and then back getting the product down to the roots for extra hold. Finally use a pick for ease of combing through the thick paste while creating the style desired with extra lift in front. Comb forward, to the side, and then back always following with your opposite hand with product still on it so not only will you have the product applied down to the roots but also over the top.
Visit: http://www.zorianofnewyork.com/wholesale/ for more information on how to become one of our exclusive retailers.
Learn how to style a Faux Hawk with gel and hair cream for a workable finish that can be reshaped without losing it’s hold through out the day. Start by applying a drop Zorian Of New York firm hold gel. Our specialty blend firm hold gel is alcohol free and contains aloe vera to keep your skin and hair moisturized while avoiding flaking. Blow dry the hair forward, to the center, and then up in front. This will create more volume for fine straight hair while molding into place.
Finish the style by applying our Zorian Of New York Grooming Cream. Start by taking a full fingertip amount of product out of the jar and completely emulsifying into the palms of your hands. Apply to the hair by pushing forward on the top layer, then to the center, and finally from the front to the back down to the roots. Finish by pushing the hair back down with your hands and up in the front while creating texture with your fingertips. The grooming cream is an excellent choice for the professional looking for a product that will not harden up, will give the necessary hold, and rinse out with ease. Our grooming cream will give the hair a medium shine and hold that will keep the style all day. It is infused with coconut and lavender oils which moisturize the hair and scalp and also contain essential vitamins to help to keep your hair healthy and strong.
To purchase Zorian of New York products or become one of our retail partners visit: www.zorianofnewyork.com to place your order or fill out our wholesale request form and someone will contact you right away.