I would like to thank all of the students at the recent advanced barber training class in Connecticut at Ricci’s Academy of Cosmetology. We had students from all over the state of Connecticut as well as New York City in attendance. The class was a 6 hour hands on workshop that covered many important barbering techniques and haircuts.
Below is a copy of the course outline:
- Introduction to men’s haircut shape and sections (terminology)
- Introduction to basic men’s haircutting techniques (terminology and demonstration)
- Scissor Over Fingers
- Scissor Over Comb
- Clipper Over Comb
- Blade On Skin
- Class demonstrated correct holding of tools, body positioning in relation to the head, and correct posture for cutting
- Class completed five hands–on haircuts on mannequins incorporating Scissor Over Fingers, Scissor Over Comb, and Clipper Over Comb, and Blade On Skin Cutting
- Professional Business Haircut
- Ivy League Haircut
- Bald Fade
HowToCutHair.tv will be partnering with Ricci’s Academy of Cosmetology to teach 5 more of hands-on barbering workshops throughout the year. Please contact the school at 1(203)426-1138 for times, dates, and to make you reservations.