The classic men’s business cut will never go out of style. It is a side part hairstyle with enough hair to comb to the side on top and to comb back on the sides. Learn how to cut this hairstyle by combining many different barbering techniques including, scissor over comb, clipper over comb, straight razor over comb, and straight razor sculpting.
Step by step instructions:
1. Start on the top and create square layers using the barber shear over fingers technique.
2. Next, cut the sides and back with the barber shear over finger technique.
3. As you move to the lower portion of the sides and back use the barber shear over comb technique.
4. Cut the semi-finish area by using the clipper over comb technique to taper the hairline.
5. Finish up the outline using an outliner with a t-blade to create a clean line on the side burn area and the back of the neck behind the ears. Use an upward shaving motion to clean up the neck.
6. Add texture to the hair by first using a thinning shear over comb technique followed by the straight razor sculpting technique. This will help the haircut to hold it’s shape while growing out.
7. Style the hair with Zorian of New York grooming cream. Apply through the hair and use a vent brush to style. This will create a soft manageable hold that will last all day.