We are very excited to be holding our popular hands on barber training class at Gregory’s Barbershop in Delmar, New York on Monday, September 8th. This class always sells out fast so if you are interested in taking your barbering/men’s hair cutting skills to the next level please reserve your seat as soon as possible. Contact Greg at (518)629-5394 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. The class is limited to 10 students and we will have two instructors so everyone will get plenty of one on one attention.
“This class will also include one male manikin head valued at $49.99, a copy of our Barbering Basics DVD valued at $99.95, as well as all students attending our live events receive 40% off all of our DVDs!” In addition, water, coffee, tea, and a catered lunch will be provided as well!
Hands On Barber Training Class:
Morning Session: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Introduction to men’s haircut shape and sections (terminology)
- Introduction to basic men’s haircutting techniques (terminology and demonstration)
- Scissor Over Fingers
- Scissor Over Comb
- Clipper Over Comb
- Blade On Skin
- Class will demonstrate correct holding of tools, body positioning in relation to the head, and correct posture for cutting
- Three hands–on haircuts on mannequins incorporating Scissor Over Fingers, Scissor Over Comb, and Clipper Over Comb.
- Long men’s layer cut with disconnected bangs
- Medium length men’s layer cut with disconnected bangs
Lunch: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Afternoon Session: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Four hands–on haircuts on mannequins focusing on all of the basic men’s haircutting techniques:
- Professional Business Haircut
- Ivy League Haircut
- Bald Fade