The Classic Brush Cut is an excellent choice with summer fast approaching. This short clipper cut will never go out of style. I joke a lot with my senior clientele that have this hairstyle that this is probably the same haircut they’ve had since they were a kid. It is very low maintenance but has a more style than the typical one length buzz cut. The true definition of the classic brush cut has a little bit of hair in the front to stand up with some styling was or pomade.
1. Start midway on the top using a 3/8″ blade or attachment. You need to leave enough room to blend into a slightly longer front.
2. Clipper the sides and back with 1/4″ blade or attachment.
3. Taper the outline of the haircut with an adjustable clipper.
4. Outline the haircut with a finishing clipper. Make sure not to cut the taper off on the neckline.
5. Blend the top into the bang area leaving enough hair to stand up. The #1 1/2 blade on a detachable blade clipper works best. It will cut and blend at the same time which is especially important for fine light colored hair.