This short clipper cut is a modern version of the side part. This hairstyle is generally shorter on the sides with a longer top. It is also a very versatile haircut which can be styled in many different ways. The most common ways to style this haircut are: parted to the side with a wet look and some height in the front, or to the side with a messy dry finish and some height in the front. This hairstyle can also be referred to as a short pompadour as well.
Short Clipper Cut – Part 1
1. Cut the top section using a thinning shear over fingers technique. The hair is very thick so it needs to be thinned out and cut at the same time.
2. Start with a center guide. Hold your fingers parallel to the floor and close the thinning shear three times starting halfway down the shaft of the hair. Use the first cut as your traveling guide and work your way back to the pivot.
3. Repeat step 2 on the right side of your center guide.
4. Repeat step 2 on the left side of your center guide.
5. Cut the front of the hair in the same manner with the thinning shears. Hold your fingers parallel to the forehead instead of parallel to the floor. This will remove thickness and length at the same time.
6. Start in the crown or pivot area and repeat step 5 to the right temple. Hold your fingers parallel to the top part of the round of the head or occipital and parietal areas.
7. Repeat step 7 to the left temple.
Stay tuned for part 2 of The Short Clipper Cut coming soon…