In the following free barber video tutorial you will learn how to blend and style a low fade. This traditional version has a longer top with a close low fade. The fade is dropped lower in the back to balance out the longer top to allow more length for the problem cowlick or crown area that stands up easily if cut too short.
Instructional Step Guide:
- Cut the top first. Over direct the front back to the middle of the ear in order to leave it longer.
- Remove the bulk in the parietal area and just above the occipital area in the back. You can use either the clipper over comb or scissor over comb technique.
- Fade with a detachable blade clipper or an adjustable clipper with attachment combs. Use a slow fading motion and blend into the previous cut for a smoother blend.
- Create a tapered outline to make the fade stand out. Use an adjustable clipper in the longest blade setting with a scooping motion around the outline of the haircut to fade out.
- Repeat the previous step with lever adjusted halfway and then to the shortest setting scooping the clipper a little bit lower each time to finish the taper.
- Use a trimmer to line off the sideburns and the diagonal line behind the ears without cutting into the natural hairline. On the back of the neck use an upward shaving motion without getting too close to the tapered or faded hairline.
- When the cut is complete style the hair. Blow dry the hair thoroughly with a vent brush by drying the hair forward, then to the side, and then up and back in the front. This will add volume and create the desired shape.
- Apply the Zorian Of New York Shaping Paste to create a matte finish. Start by taking a full fingertip amount of product out of the jar and completely emulsifying into the palms of your hands. Our paste will not clump and spreads very easily like a cream but has a very strong hold that will keep the style all day. Apply to the hair by pushing forward on the top layer first, then to the side, and finally, apply from the front to the back down to the roots.
- Use a wide tooth comb to get through the thick matte paste and comb into the desired style.
For more information on becoming a premium retailer of our Zorian of New York Products visit our product website and fill out the wholesale form. Someone will call you to consult you on an opening order and answer all of your questions.