The much anticipated barber academy will be held at the award winning Gregory’s Barbershop in Delmar, N.Y. on Monday, November 4th. This will be one full day of hands-on training that will be limited to only 8 attendees.
One full day of barber training from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Morning Session: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Introduction to men’s haircut shape and sections (terminology)
- Introduction to basic men’s haircutting techniques (terminology and demonstration)
- Scissor Over Fingers
- Scissor Over Comb
- Clipper Over Comb
- Blade On Skin
- Class will demonstrate correct holding of tools, body positioning in relation to the head, and correct posture for cutting
- Two hands – on haircuts on mannequins incorporating Scissor Over Fingers, Scissor Over Comb, and Clipper Over Comb.
- Long men’s layer cut with disconnected bangs
Catered Lunch: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Afternoon Session: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Three hands – on haircuts on mannequins focusing on all of the basic men’s haircutting techniques:
- Professional Business Haircut
- Ivy League Haircut
- Fade Haircut
To book your seat e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-629-5394