Clipper cutting is the foundation for classic short men’s haircuts. A complerte clipper cutting system should take advantage of three types of clippers. In this clipper cutting guide you will learn about the different types of clippers, what each one is used for, and the importance of clipper maintenance.
Clipper Cutting Guide
- There are three different clippers necessary for men’s haircutting. The first clipper is a detachable blade clipper. It is used for removing larger amounts of thick or wet hair. It is the most powerful clipper and the metal blades move through the hair with ease.
- The detachable blade clipper can be used for the blade on skin and clipper over comb techniques.
- There are numerous blades for this clipper and they have many uses. They range from ½” in length all the way down to the same size blade that is on a trimmer.
- The adjustable clipper. It is has this name because the lever on the side adjusts the length of the blade. The hair is cut shorter and finer with the lever closed and longer and softer in the open position. You can use plastic attachments on this clipper to get longer lengths.
- This clipper is excellent for clipper over comb and blade on skin techniques in the semi-finish area of the haircut.
- The adjustable clipper uses plastic attachments. The most common lenghts are the ½”, 3/8”, ¼”, 1/8”, and 1/16”. You are much better off referring to the attachments by their lengths rather than numbers. It sounds more professional and different brands have different numbering systems.
- The trimmer: This clipper is used for the outline only. The only technique that should be used with this clipper is the blade on skin technique. The teeth are too close together which cause severe clipper marks when used for clipper over comb.
- Lastly, you need to make sure your clippers are cleaned, disinfected, and lubricated after every use. By taking care of your blades properly you will increase your efficiency by your blades always cutting properly.
Learn more at http://www.howtocuthair.tv/clippers/